Established in July 2004, Center for Indigenous Studies is a university-level research center in National Taiwan University. Its missions include: enhance researches on indigenous environment, health, culture and industry in Taiwan; integrate tangible and intangible resources around indigenous studies within NTU; arouse public awareness of contemporary conditions of indigenous peoples; work towards a society with cultural diversity.
Short-term development objectives include:
– Improve knowledge sharing
– Promote Taiwan indigenous database applications
– Facilitate interdisciplinary discussion on indigenous public issues
– Connect and collaborate with Austronesian research institutes worldwide to establish Taiwan as Austronesian culture research center
– Expand interdisciplinary general education courses on Taiwan indigenous tribes
– Increase Taiwan indigenous art and culture exhibitions and performances on campus